Can WordPress blog drive traffic to my website?
We get this question from visitors more often than not.
We always answer it in the affirmative and add to it that you can also make money with it. Blogging is in all rage. From small businesses to big brands, all are using blogging as their marketing strategy.
With millions of blog publishing every day, is it viable to make your blog outperform others? Knowing what you are getting into would help you succeed with your WordPress Blogging. Remember, blogging will not produce instant results, especially when you start with zero.
Let’s start to let you cover the journey of a million visitors with a WordPress blog.
Oh, no. You don’t need technical skills to get started, mere guidance will do.
Beginners Guide to Start WordPress Blog
Just follow as we go.
There are two conditions
- You know the purpose and name of your blog
- You are absolutely unaware of how to get started.
Let’s talk about first thing first in this Beginners Guide,
- Finding a Blog Topic
- Purchase a domain name
- Site Hosting
- Finally, Install free WordPress blog software.
- Log in and start writing
- Make relevant edits to designs and themes.
- Don’t forget to install plug-ins to add functionality and ease.
How to get it all done? You need to find a deal where you can get all three – domain, web hosting, and WordPress in one place, rather than wandering all over the Internet.
Go, Daddy, Bluehost, DreamHost, Hostgator, Hostinger, SiteGround are some of the most popular platforms that you can rely upon for WordPress Website Development.
Service offerings, features and prices may differ; check carefully. BlueHost is one of the most suitable hosting platforms that can get your free domain for a year and one-click installation for Whatsapp.
Find a Blog Topic
Predetermining a niche would help you make the audience stick to your blog as visitors don’t like to wander in different directions. Be clear with the main blog topic idea that you will be covering to ensure that your blog is visited by the targeted audience and will contribute to a lower bounce rate.
Don’t contemplate too much.
Choose a topic that interests you or you want to talk about. It could be anything. There are a galore of blog topics out there: marketing, lifestyle, money-making, DIY hacks, etc. are a few to name.
Set Up Your Domain Name
Get a domain that contributes to your blog idea. A domain is your web identity. For example www.abc-business.com. Your blog address or domain name should be unique and should reflect the idea of your blog. There are various tools that can be used to find a domain name. Search for dynamic domain names that are easily remembered and easy. Ask your friends and acquaintances to suggest some names, explore online or find creative writers to get some names to start a blog.
Select your Site Hosting Plan and Package
You now need to get hosting services for your site. The server is where your site lives, and hosting is what gets you to the server. Start by picking a hosting plan, a basic one, in case it’s your first blog and upgrade later as per your requirements. Watch your budget, hosting needs and service offerings to conclude. Pick the extra package with Domain Privacy + Protection.
Install Free WordPress Software
Have you installed WordPress software? If not, do it right away. Don’t intimidate; it’s pretty easy to install WordPress.
Once you sign up, you will receive an email from your service provider containing the details to proceed. You need to log in, and the setup wizard will take you through the process of installing WordPress on your site. You can launch the wizard yourself by clicking on My Site<<Create site.
Let’s reveal the whole process:
- Visit the wordpress.org website to download the latest WordPress version. Unzip the file once it is complete.
- Create a WordPress database on your server and dedicate to it a MySQL user who can edit it.
- Upload WordPress files to your server.
- Install with select to Install option and run it.
Important Things to Keep in Mind While Creating a WordPress Blog
Log in and Start Writing
Get started by writing your first blog post.
Open WordPress Dashboard to reach Post>>Add New. Find a block-based editor in WordPress to create an attractive content layout for your blog post.
When you are done writing, preview the content from the button on the top right corner, and things go, publish it. Sort your content into sections using categories and tags.
Congratulations! You have taken an idea and turned it into a WordPress blog. Now, keep up the momentum.
Make Relevant Edits to Designs and Themes
Customization of your blog is up to you.
What does customization include?
- Uploading the logo
- Editing the blog title and tagline
- Changing colors and themes
- Uploading the background image
- Want to add more to it? Here is how beginners can do it all.
- Reach the WordPress admin dashboard and choose to customize the option from the Locate the Appearance Tab. There? You can fix it all. Starting with:
- Theme options – Want to add an author bio or search icon in the header? Pick the theme that you like to display on your blog.
- Cover template – Edit page template a bit by editing overlay background color, overlay text color, and overlay opacity.
- Widgets – Add the information in the footer and customize it accordingly. Add a catchy description too.
- Menus – How about customizing the blog menu, adding social media menu links and changing their display location?
- Background image – Don’t forget to add a custom background image to your blog.
- Colors – Add an appeal to your blog appearance by changing the color of the header, footer and background.
- Site identity – Upload site icon, logo and change site title and tagline.
- Homepage settings – Select all that you need to display on the homepage.
Whatever you add, make sure it complements your site’s appearance and maintains its integrity.
Don’t Forget to Install Plug-Ins To Add Functionality and Ease
In addition to themes, you can add WordPress Plug-ins to simplify your blog posting and get numerous other benefits.
It’s one of the most used plug-ins by and far to help you get an improved position on search engine result pages.
Do you want to analyze the blog performance? Learn more about your no. of visitors, their location, the time they spent, etc. This tool allows you to shift the desired information to the WordPress dashboard.
To allow people to contact you, sign up for newsletters, and make it easy for them to reach you, you can install a contact form plug-in.
Since the list is long and we can’t share it all. You can leave a message to get the complete list.
Start your blog and implement these WordPress Blog Creating Tips to ensure the success of your blog. As a proactive Website Development Agency, we have enlisted the best strategies that we use for our blog. Let us know if this Beginners Guide to Start WordPress Blog helped you a little, and contact us in case you need to know more.